Obviously from the last few posts, you can get a sense of how hectic things are right now. I don't do well in transition and/or in limbo and it has brought on a hurricane full of emotions. Jim kept saying that once we got to TX that I'd feel better - that we were making strides in moving forward. Well, he was right.
We touched down early Saturday morning and I immediately felt better...Texas is home. I slipped on my flip flops and my pale feet and toes were dancing. Being away for quite some time, you forget just how NICE people are down South. I mean, they're really nice! It automatically puts you in a good mood.
After house hunting all day, we were exhausted! Our lovely friend, Pam, is also our realtor. She is amazing! She tells me she isn't patient, but when I look at her, I see nothing but patience. Pam has an aura about her that I can't quite put into a single word - put it this way, she can be personable and be factual at the same time. She can laugh at watching Jim and I go back and forth, but in a split second she can get us focused on the big picture. I admire that because at times, that comes challenging to me. When I'm in business, I'm all biznass.
After talking about all the houses we saw and not really sleeping that well, Jim and I decided on a house to make our offer on. The next day, we met up with Pam again for lunch and to look at the house one more time. Afterwards, Jim and I drove around and stopped by a few places before he dropped me off at Freebirds to meet my girls.
Seeing the girls was different for me this time - I wasn't seeing them as a visitor and I felt like they were right around the corner and not just a phone call away. Having dinner with them made me smile and it was the best mood I've been in, in such a long time. As if that's not good enough, I was finally able to meet Ella bear...this was the ice cream on the cake! She is so freaking cute and happy and so sweet. It seems like I've had this face :( on for so long and in one day, it changed. At that very moment, there were six and a half reasons for me to smile...and they were all right in front of me.
Isn't Ella just the cutest?
Even though we're still in transition, it feels good to be back in the lone star state. Slowly but surely I'm exhaling. :)
1 comment:
Awh...I am glad that we put you in a better mood and brought a smile to your face! That's what friends are for!!! I am so glad Ella Bear got to meet her Aunt P finally! Good to have you back in town and I definitely look forward to many more dinners, lunches, brunches and just visiting all together! Love you!
Post a Comment