UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POUT POUT POUT!!!!!!!!!!!
STOMP STOMP STOMP!!!!!!!!
I went to Whole Foods after work yesterday and already I was annoyed. It is sooo crowded in there and everyone looks at each other like "MOVE OUTTA MY WAY OR I WILL SLAP YOU!" It's so annoying! I brought my Whole Foods bag with me and all the things I bought were bagged nice and perfect. I get back on the subway and head home. When my stop comes, I exit the train and go up the steps and I miss a step and trip...then I proceed to catch myself (with my purse and gym bag and whole foods bag) and fall down the stairs and then land on my whole foods bag!! Not only did I scrape my arm, leg and toe, I also bruised my leg really bad. It looks like half of a softball! I had to pick up my stuff and myself for that matter off the nasty subway ground and walk forward. People were still getting off the train and I just know so many people saw me. HOW EMBARRASSING!! As if that's not bad enough, my grapes were all smushed because I sat on them when I fell backwards! My ass smushed the grapes! UUUGGGHHH!!!!! I thought today would be a better day, but when I got to the subway, I realized I left my wallet in Jim's car....uuuugggghhhh!!! So, I had to start over and get my wallet. I'm wearing a skirt today with a white long sleeve button down and of course it started to pour down rain. Did I have an umbrella? Nope. Rain boots? Of course not. So, all this being said, by the time I get to work I look like a hot mess. Tell me again why I got out of bed this morning?
So here I am walking to work - huffing and puffing along the way. I get to the escalator at Grand Central (to take the 4/5 train to work). I take this same escalator every single morning. And every single morning I WALK UP (not ride) the escalator. I walk past a guy who you can clearly tell was having so much trouble getting up the stairs. But boy was he doing it - one foot in front of the other. As I made my walk up the escalator I realized - Wow. Something so easy for me...something so natural...something I do every-single-morning and don't even think about...is the same thing that someone else does, but instead it is a challenge. Sometimes we take things for granted and all it takes is to see something like this to snap back into reality. So...here is a list of what I am thankful for even though my day ended last night and then started off today so crappy.
:) I am thankful for missing that step because it lets me know that I am able to have a reflex reaction to catch myself with my two arms.
:) I am thankful for my ass landing on the grapes because it means I have a grocery bag full of food to eat which I bought because it means I have money and the money came from me having a job.
:) I am thankful for the subway station because it means I have a mode of transportation around this city!
:) I am thankful for leaving my wallet in Jim's car because: i at least knew where it was * it contained my unlimited subway pass * which gets me to a job I love and home I love even more!
:) I am thankful for the rain that soaked my outfit because it means I have clothes on my back.
:) I am thankful for the huge bruise on my leg that will heal because it means I have an immune system.
There. Now let's just start this day over with a smile, shall we?
KNOCK ON WOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment