
Don't you just love New York City in the Fall? It makes me want to send you a bouquet of pencils.
The weather has taken a turn and it's pretty nice. I walked up the stairs from the subway station and could immediately feel the cool wind brush by my face. I started taking the 2-3 train instead of the 4-5 because I just cannot take the 4-5 anymore. It's always packed like sardines and it's soooo...freaking...slow. I was tired of having to bust out my cape (Mighty Mouse) every time I wanted to squeeze through all the giants -oops- I mean, regular sized people, who won't budge for a lil gal like me. And I think we all know that while I may lack in the height department, I pack a mean punch!! (LOL) The 2-3 is such a better commute and I'm thankful I have options.
I got off at the Wall Street stop and saw the scores of news cameras all facing the NYSE. It was somewhat quiet today - I'm assuming from yesterday's financial issues: (the DOW hit an all time low yesterday), Lehman Bros. filed for bankruptcy and the talk of Bank of America buying out Merryll Lynch has got everyone in the financial district in cahoots. Lehman Bros. going down has reminded me of when Enron went under. It is very sad. My prayers go out to those who are affected by these changes.
My Mom and I had such a great weekend! I will post an entry on that once I upload my pics. Of course the only thing missing was my Sissy, but we thought of her and talked about her non-stop. She was definitely with us.
Le Sigh....Hubby and I found ourselves engaged in a heart to heart conversation last night. It was so sweet and has me feeling a bit sappy today. It's one thing to love, but it's another to be in love. I'll keep the latter please. :)
Much Love!!
ps - we will be in this mode in a little more than a month! woo hoo!! (see pic below)
No comments:
Post a Comment