Monday, August 4, 2008

Smorgasbord!

The following is a post which is about so many different things that you could easily say it's a smorgasbord full of stuff!!

After 3 tries...on 3 different days...at 3 different Apple locations...and 3.5 hours of standing in line, Hubby was finally able to get the iPhone 3G. I don't know how it works in other cities, but in the city, this is what it takes to get an iPhone:

  1. Stand in line all... night...long to receive a voucher when the store opens at 8am.
  2. Voucher = permission to come back and stand in line when they tell you to.
  3. Stand in line at a decent time, after work perhaps, and hope that there’s a voucher left for you to come back and...you guessed it...stand in line.
  4. Once you get your voucher, you come back at the specified time to stand in line…OUTSIDE.
  5. So outside you go...standing and waiting...
  6. …And standing and waiting…
  7. …And standing and waiting…
  8. Then finally!!! you get the okay to go downstairs all to…
  9. …stand in line some more!!!!!! ARGH!
  10. You stand in line downstairs until one of the lovely Apple people say, "okay you ready to get your iPhone?"

Seems like a lot to go through just for the stinkin’ smart phone! I’m a blackberry lover of course, but it is nice to see Hubby enjoying his new toy - not to mention I inherited his iPod Touch (the one I gave him for his birthday! LOL). :) Here's a few pics of Hubby standing in line downstairs waiting his turn...and patiently might I add.



*******************************************************

Pizza + Macaroni & Cheese - Pinch & S'Mac!

There is the BEST restaurant in the upper west side that we discovered – (after taking Sasha to Central Park of course). It’s a restaurant devoted solely to Pizza and Macaroni & Cheese...all in the same place! The pizza is by the inch (hence the name Pinch!) and let me just say - it's extremely yummy!! We’ve been to S’Mac before (in the Lower East Side), so we knew it would be delish!


Here are some pics of us enjoying the weather...and our pizza/mac & cheese...and Hubby enjoying is iPhone on a random night after work. ;)





******************************************************************

People often ask me how I like working in the Financial District. My answer? I LOVE it!! Walking down Wall Street during lunchtime is awesome! There's so much hustle and bustle - it's like everyone is wearing a suit that says Time is Money - Move Outta My Way! I always wanted to live up here once in my life and when I would think about working up here, this is exactly what I envisioned. I see the New York Stock Exchange and it’s like WOW! This is the heartbeat of the world right here! Here are some pictures I took during lunch last week. There are two Falafel carts that compete with each other and one of them was even voted as the best cart vendor in NYC! I tried it once for lunch and it was pretty good...until I got a tummy ache. Another one of the carts is the bubble tea cart which I love!
Here are some pics of the Financial District.



The New York Stock Exchange on Wall Street


The famous Falafel Vendor Cart


The "other" falafel cart!


Rebuilding the World Trade Center - view from the front of my building, but to the right a little.



My Building! - The Equitable Building on Broadway - it was also the first skyscraper ever built in NYC!


View from the courtyard - that's Trinity Church down the street and my building is the one where HSBC Bank is.


The Bubble Tea cart!! Yum!

The big red square in the courtyard which is in front of the skyscraper next to me.

************************************************

And one last picture to end this blog with a huge :) SASHA!! Here she is after her last spa day (groom) at Canine Ranch! She has an afro! LOL.




Ta-Ta for now!! :)




No comments: