Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Long Time No Blog

Well hello!!! So...it's been a while!! Sorry I haven't posted much lately...

things have been kinda hectic!! Lots of things have happened since I wrote last. First things first - the j.o.b. Do I love it? ABSOLUTELY!! It is so refreshing going to work knowing that you love what you're doing. A few of the girls I work with design clothes for clients and y'all know I can barely sew a button back on if it's fallen off! I am so business minded and it's so different to be around people who truly love design. It truly wows me!

Sasha is doing great!! She's getting to be such a big girl now! I took her to her first outing in Central Park and we had an absolute blast! She walks so nice on a leash (phew!), stops and sits when I stop and goes and when I say 'let's go.' I'm so glad for this because I really thought I would have to teach her how to 'heel.' I introduced her to other dogs at the dog run at central park and she wanted nothing to do with them! LOL. All she did was follow me around! It is so funny to see her personality - it was completely different than what I had expected. I thought she'd be chasing the pigeons or running after other dogs and she did the complete opposite. She just looks up at me and sits right next to me as if to say, well if you're not gonna play with those pigeons neither am I. Ha ha! She is just too cute!!


I love the park!


I'm such a good doggy! Look! No leash!


Sasha getting dirty at the dog run in Central Park!

While Sasha and I were walking around, I managed to snap a few pictures with my new camera. I took Court's advice and started reading the manual so I can learn what I'm doing. It's totally pointless having a great camera if you don't know how to use it, so I'm learning. Below are the pics I took from our outing.
















Y'all know I love my historical societies! ha ha

Here are some pictures I took from Central Park:


Springtime in NYC is the absolute BEST!!






Don't you just love this statue? It's the statue of Romeo and Juliet in Central Park.






The Great Lawn in Central Park


People enjoying the beautiful weather (finally!)




Cherry Blossoms are so beautiful! They remind me of our wedding invitations!


Hubby is leaving work early today and we're all going to Madison Square Park...I am so excited!! More pics to come after tonight's outing!

Without getting into too many details, Hubby worked 36 hours straight (on no sleep) last week and this was just a part of the week! I felt so bad that he was so stressed - my heart really ached for him. I was able to have dinner with him at work on Saturday, which was nice and we all sat around and chit chatted. It was hard not seeing him as much. Living up here, we really only have each other and it was difficult not spending time with him. We've made friends (of course), but at the end of the day, it's each other we come home to. When people ask me how things have changed since we've been married, I tell them that not much has changed as far as routines or what have you, but the emotions have changed. Being married puts us on a whole new level...especially emotionally. When we kiss each other gooodbye, it means so much more. As cheesy as it sounds, it's as if you're not complete until you're together again. Of course, being the guy's guy that J is, he would never come out with this, but I know he feels the same way! Lol!! Things are finally better (as of Monday) and we now have a sense of normalcy again. We had a date night last night and this is part of the reason why I'm so excited to go to Madison Square Park tonight.

Speaking of being happily married - Isn't this the best picture ever?!

I snapped this picture of this couple in Central Park truly enjoying one another. I even started to tear up when I took it. She was reading to her hubby and you can tell that they are still so in love! This is one of the most romantic things I've ever seen.

As an added bonus - I received a flower delivery today from Hubby's boss!! He sent them to me to thank me for being so patient while Jim spent way too many hours at work. What a sweet gesture! I'm so very proud of my Hubby for his work ethic and accomplishments!! MUAH love!

Since yesterday was Tuesday, I'll post my Twelve For Tuesday right now:

Here are 12 random thoughts!

1. My nephew's first tooth fell out and the tooth fairy gave him $5! He asked me to buy him a High School Musical clock and when I told him he should use the money he has saved up to buy it, he replied with: "Well you have more money than me, you should buy it." LOL.

2. Becca and Paul's wedding was awesome!! Becca looked so beautiful! At one point, I looked around and everyone had tears in their eyes.

3. Court is preggers!!! I got her the cutest little onesie - it's the I <3 NY onesie as a little congrats present. I can't wait to meet her little one! She's feeling well and her photography business is blooming faster than flowers in the Spring. If you haven't seen her pics lately - check them out. She's doing a great job and I am so proud of her! (You can find the link to her site in my blog roll).

4. Theresa's wedding plans are coming along. I'm getting more and more excited for her big day!

5. HGTV has really put out some great programs!! I am absolutely obsessed with House Hunters and What You Get For Your Money.

6. I am also obsessed with the show Challenge on the Food Network. Have you seen the wedding cake challenge episode? It was soooo cool!

7. We are housebreaking Sasha and so far, so good (kow)!! We had her down to one wee wee pad in the house and she was so good about it, but now that she's had all her shots, we had to take it away and start training her to go outside. That's another thing that was different about having a dog in NYC as compared to any other city - the Vet would not let us take her outside until she's had all her shots. It's no secret that dogs use the potty on the curb and they have to be trained to 'curb.' She's doing great though and we're so proud of her!

8. I'm reading a great book titled Skinny Bitch. It's a tad vulgar, but it has a no-nonsense style that's not too bad - plus it's given me the push to get back on my health kick.

9. Have you ever seen the movie The Painted Veil? I watched it the other day and I loved it, but then I found out it was a book before and so now I'm annoyed I didn't read the book first!

10. We got a Tivo the other day and boy do we use it! I can now watch Oprah and Gossip Girl with a touch of a button. Ha Ha.

11. Where should we go for our 1 year anniversary? We're back and forth on some ideas but we don't know where to go! Any ideas?

12. Today's Temperature: Sunny/Hi 74 Degrees. Enough Said.



2 comments:

Courteney Miller said...

Glad to have you back!!!

Unknown said...

ok so this is my VERY first time on a blog LOLLLLL i dont understand this! Am i doing it right? anyhoo i miss ya lots girl. luv the pics! please teach me now? no pics of whistles huh?? poor girl