1. People who constantly complain about the weather. And by constantly I mean complaining about it every day. One minute they bitch about the heat. The next, they moan about the cold. Then they throw a tantrum that we need rain. And flip out when the sun has gone m.i.a. If you wanted to live in sunny, 75 degree weather year 'round, you should've taken LL Cool J's advice and gone back to Cali.
2. Christmas present shopping procrastinators. Christmas falls on the same day. Every. Single. Year. You could literally buy your Christmas presents a year in advance. Scratch that. Five years in advance! There really isn't any reason to procrastinate. December 25th...same as last year. Same as next year.
3. Is it me or have statuses on Facebook gone completely narcissistic? I had to take a break from it for a while because it was seriously getting on my nerves. Yay is me! Happy is me! Me is wonderful, fantastic, fabulous and the best! Look, I'm all for a self proclaimed pat on the back, but does it have to be made public every single time? Don't get me wrong, I'm a culprit of this behavior too. I'm just as guilty...which is how (and why) I learned from it.
4. The Tiger Woods drama...as in, those who say that if he wasn't happy with his wife, he had a right to go find happiness with someone else. Are you INSANE?! You can be a total bitch - and I mean total bitch - 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but it doesn't give you the right to cheat. Sure everyone deserves to be happy. And guess what? Everyone also deserves to be given honesty. Cheating is not honest. Not even close. No if's and's or but's. Period.
5. Parents who act as if their kids can do no wrong and are perfect. Being in school on a daily basis and recently having to talk to a parent because of her son's behavior has really opened my eyes. How a parent can look me in the eye and pretend that her child was incapable of doing such an act threw me for a loop. If my teacher talked to my mom and told her I was up to no good, my mom would've been apologetic and shot me a look that said you better hide when you get home because it's gonna be a long night. I had to write a kid a referal to the office because while I was leaning over to help another student with his math work, the kid was behind me pretending to bootie dance and slap my ass. That's right. Slap my ass. (When I tell the story, it's pretty funny, but in reality, this could mean big trouble). I heard some students laughing and when I asked what was so funny, one of them came out and told me what the kid had done. I immediately put ass slapper in the hallway and had a talk with him. I asked him if he knew why I was sending him to the office and he replied with "because I was dancing." My reply? "NO, it's not because you were dancing. It's because you were being inapprpriate." And I went on to explain the difference. You would think that ass slapper's parent would be apologetic and vow to never let this happen again, but in this case, she was more defensive than anything else. In the end, she did apologize, however I'm hoping that she talked to her son before this behavior gets out of hand. If he was an adult and in the corporate world, his act would've been considered sexual harrasment. Let's hope this gets nipped in the bud.
Bonus: I heard this the other day and it's scary to think that it's actually true. "The way we acted when we were six years old is how we act as adults."
On another note, I won't be finishing my teacher certification training until next semester. I took a dedicated/long-term position with an elementary school for the remainder of the school year and will most likely take a year long opening next school year and decided that there was no rush to finish it up now. I have a few training sessions left and then I'll be done. If you're thinking about teaching, there's going to be tons of openings next year! I've had 4 schools reach out to me for positions next school year...all by subbing! Teaching has been great, exhausting and rewarding all at the same time. We have a week before we head out to South Carolina and I couldn't be more excited. I'm not really feeling jolly these days...can you believe that I didn't even send out Christmas cards? I do have a lot to be thankful for and I know that. Just soo ready to get this year behind me and get to 2010 already!
We shall see how it all works out...
No comments:
Post a Comment