We celebrated our 2 year anniversary by having dinner at *17 at the Alden. Chef Ryan Perra isn't at *17 anymore and what a bummer, since J had actually tried to surprise me with the crab and avocado salad served at our wedding reception. No worries though, dinner was fantastic! The new chef is just as great, if not better! We found out that Chef Ryan is now the chef at The Grove. What a coincidence, since we ate there not too long ago and thought it was great too.
The Alden - formerly known as the historic Sam Houston Hotel.
It was great to be back at the Alden, especially together. We had such a great time! It's amazing how being back there can spark so many feelings and memories. I still can't believe that 2 years of marriage has already approached us. It seems like just yesterday J kissed me at the Shell station. Yes, that's true. Our first kiss was at the gas station. Smooooooth! (Apparently so, since I married him!).
View of lobby from where we were seated.
We decided to head upstairs to the veranda to reminisce. It was awesome being back up there and re-living all the great moments!
The dance floor was laid out in a different spot, but we still managed to get a little slow dance in. ;)
You can't see it that well, but there's the courthouse.
I always loved that view from the veranda!
*************
On another note - who says you can't wear tights with open toe shoes? Well, actually, I do. It always bothered me before, but I decided to give the trend a try last night. And? I likey!
Does it look weird? Hope not!
One last shot of me on the dance floor...some things never change.
And for your fashion pleasure, here's what I wore: Coat: Hayden Harnett; Dress: Free People; Tights: Banana Republic; Shoes: J.Crew; Bag: Marc Jacobs.
To wrap up this post - I'd like to give a huge thanks to all of you who have supported J and I through the years. We appreciate all of your love and look forward to sharing more memories with you! xoxo!
1 comment:
LOVE the anniversary outfit! Work it girl!
Post a Comment