Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ain't No Chicken In This Kitchen


So back in 2007, Kristi and I were in full wedding diet mode. It was lunch time and I had just finished my daily lunch of whatever-random-flavor-of-one-can-of Progresso soup. While I pretended to be full, Kristi came running down to the cafeteria with her lunch in tow...late...because she was "working," also known as: surfing the internet for wedding stuff. Anywho, she busts open this tupperware and inside was the yummiest smelling healthy stuff my beagle nose has ever come in contact with.

Me (in my ever so curious accent): What is thaaat?!

Kristi (in her thick ass Brooklyn/Italian accent): What are you...stoopid? It's green bean and potata salad. My mutha made it.

Me (with my greedy hungry beady brown eyes): I'm taking a bite.

Kristi (again in her thick ass Brooklyn/Italian accent): Whateva. This is all I'm eatin' today so mind yo' neck.

Me (with my tongue hanging off the side of my mouth): Oh my gosh, that is soooooo good!

Kristi went on to explain the recipe to me and voila! I've made it a handful of times now (even though it's my way and not exactly the way Kristi told me) and I love it just as much as that first day. It's super easy to make, healthy for you and deliciously delish! Btw, I miss you, Kris - and I know your ass was laughing when you read the conversation part!


So, without furder a-do, here's the recipe (and a pic for your viewing pleasure), which I made tonight for my chompers to enjoy tomorrow, say around Noonish:



What you'll need:

-green beans
-small red potatoes
-minced garlic
-olive oil
-pepper
-red wine vinegar

Steam green beans over boiling water for ten minutes and boil potatoes until soft. Run both under cold water when done. Place in a large tupperware container. Add minced garlic (or sprinkle garlic powder) and sprinkle a dash of pepper. Drizzle olive oil and red wine vinegar. Place lid on the tupperware and shake shake shake! Shake shake shake! Shake your bootay! Shake your bootay! Oh wait, that's for another post. Anywho, put that baby in the fridge overnight. The next day, let your tastebuds do their own little dance when you sit down for lunch! Yummy!

Also from my kitchen to yours is this dish I got from Anthropologie:


Do you ever find yourself taking off your jewelry in the kitchen? I always take my jewelry off in the kitchen, especially when I wash dishes. (hysterical laughter can be heard!) Who are we kidding? I don't do dishes! But, I do always find myself taking off my jewelry in the kitchen when I cook. (hysterical laughter can be heard, maybe even mixed with tears!) Who are we kidding? I don't cook! Okay, wait. I actually have started cooking a lot more, so that statement is in fact, true bitches! Duuuuhh - you just read the first part of this post and obviously I do some form of cooking or another. Anyway, my point is this - if you find a little dish and place it in the corner somewhere in your kitch, you can take your jewelry off and not have to panic about losing it. Knock on wood. Not such a new idea, but hey...definitely worth investing in. Bonus points if the dish is cute, you know, for decoration's sake. :)

And one last thing from my kitchen, just because is this:


J got it for me.........just because. Love him.

1 comment:

linz said...

Pia....I was laughing hysterically with yours and Kris' conversation. lol. I just rediscovered your blog and have been catching up girl. miss u!

luv3
lindsey