An ex coworker (waaahhh! I hate believing that I don't work there anymore!) sent me an invitation for Google Voice. Woo hoo!!! I'm seriously loving Google Voice right now! If you haven't noticed, I added a "call me" widget to this blog. That gets sent directly to my GV number. Pretty cool, huh?
What else am I loving right now? Twitter. OMG why wasn't I addicted to it before? Seriously! I am following 154 people...and let's just say probably 150 of them are celebrities. No joke, the celebs reply to you! AND you can see their tweets when they talk to other celebs. You thought TMZ spread news fast? Uh uh. Twitter is soo much faster. Case in point - I follow my girl, Giuliana Rancic (looove her). She is the one that posted that Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush broke up...waaaaaay before TMZ or Usmagazine.com posted it. I actually announced it to some friends and they were scrambling for their phones looking to see if it was true. I know it may sound silly and maybe it is, but I love it. I think it's so much fun to read the celebs' tweets!! After a couple of days of playing around with it, I became an addict.
Technology just isn't there for social networking or catching a glimpse of your fave celeb's lives. It exists to help out business owners and job seekers. I swear to you, I could teach a social networking class. Some people just don't get it...and those are the people that will fall behind while technology keeps moving forward. For anyone who owns their own business - you can use Facebook and Twitter to advertise yourself and/or your biz, post links, etc. etc. @BrookeBurke advertises her modernmom.com items practically every hour! @Bethenny advertises her Skinny Girl recipes daily! @ToriandDean announced that their season finale was tonight. @MarthaStewart showed how to peel a potato properly. Twitter is fabulous! It's not the networking of the future, it's the networking of now...because NOW is the future! For those looking for a job - don't you know that linkedin.com is the way to go? Companies are using Linkedin now and it's a lot easier to get noticed than sifting through the hundreds of replies HR receives via Monster or Careerbuilder.
Technology is my hero.
2 comments:
I signed up for twitter last week but keeo forgetting to go on there! I don't even know if I remember my username and password...LOL
I know I need to get on facebook to advertise my photography business but holy cow I feel so busy as it is that I don't know if I could add one more thing to my plate to check or post on...thank for the entertainment P!
court i will help you! you gotta get on this asap bc it works! love ya!!
Post a Comment