Thursday, January 22, 2009

Desperately Seeking Something

...to wear to a wedding in a couple of weeks that is! (yes Kaitlin, I'm talking about your wedding xoxo). Now, while this normally wouldn't be an issue, the logistics of the wedding have thrown me for a loop. Scuuuuuurt. Let me back up a bit.

Okay, so obviously it's winter. And might I add, the worst winter I've experienced in my 3 years of living here. Yeah yeah, all you new yorkers who've been here longer have seen worse blah blah blah. Listen, this is the longest I've lived above the mason dixon line and it's been a pretty bad winter...haven't I earned the right to say that? I have winters to compare with now for prada's sake. It snows every couple of days, my drawer full of thongs haven't seen my ass in months - and not because I'm pulling a britney, but because the full butt version of my CK panties keep me warmer - and I use leggings as my first layer of pants. It takes me longer to get dressed than it does to shower, put makeup on and fix my hair put together! So anyhoo, today I decided to revolt against winter. As usual, I wore my Uggs on my walk to work, but tucked inside my bag were flats. LE GASP! That's right...you heard me. F to the L to the A to the T to the effing S - FLATS. I got to work, slipped off my Uggs and wool socks and slipped on my flats and man! It felt great. I feel like Cinderella right now - post ball that is. I figure by me revolting against winter, spring will take notice and decide to come early this year. I wanna ride around Manhattan on horseback Paul Revere style and scream - "the warm weather is coming! the warm weather is coming!" The Revolution has begun.

I know what you're thinking...what on earth does this have to do with desperately seeking something to wear to a wedding? Well, the wedding is on February 7th...at the Jersey Shore. And NO - when I say Jersey Shore, we're not talking about the MTV version of the shore. The part of the shore where Kait is getting married at is super nice - think Hamptons or Martha's Vineyard. Jim and I are going to stay the night at a super duper cute chateau (aka bed and breakfast). We will be walking from the chateau to the Church and then from the Church to the reception. Oh, maybe you didn't hear me. I said, walking...at the shore...in winter. Do you see my dilemma here? Plus it's always, I repeat, always, colder by the water. What on earth am I gonna wear? Pants? I'm contemplating it! But, what'd I really like is to wear a dress with open toe heels. Sure, my leg hairs will grow back during the 3 minute walk from the chateau and the Church. But, whatever! I'm short anyway so I hardly doubt anyone will say - "she's got legs for days"...it's more like she's got legs for minutes - and that's when I charm them with my personality. And they say inner beauty has disappeared.

Anyhoo, I'm on the hunt and hopefully I'll find something soon. That, or spring really does decide to come early this year.


I'd like to end this post by sending a shout out to the makers of the Snuggie. More to come on that in another post. In the meantime, where the eff are my socks?! My feet are freezing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fave post thus far...LOVE it! crackin' up! (yes, here in NC we say Crackin') :)