Wednesday, November 19, 2008

yet Another Reason Why I Love Living In NYC



Another reason why I love living in NYC? SAMPLE SALES!!! Kaitlin and I met up for dinner last night at Cafeteria and as we were catching up, we started talking about sample sales. Kait and I were notorious for going to sample sales over the Summer. I felt like every week we were at one. Our favorite thus far? The Tory Burch sample sale - for sure! Everyone knows my frustrations of busting out my flip flops too early: Spring in NYC = late Winter, not early Summer. With this in mind, I and like almost every NY gal, flocked to Bloomingdales for flats. My favorite pair?...well, all three Tory Burch ones I have are my fave! I have the Quinn patent leather in black, the gold snakeskin and the Quinn patent leather in silver. During the summer, Kait and I stood in line at the sample sale and she scored the cutest orange pair! And so our love of sample sales was confirmed. So anyway, last night, we were talking about sample sales and she started telling me about an email one she's on and I said I'm on a great email one too and it's very exclusive: exclusive = need invite. She asked if it was Gilt Groupe and I said, YES!! GG has the best sample sales ever! Another great site that I love is Daily Candy New York. Check out their sample sales for today!

You know, Jim's Uncle told us that once you're a NYer, you will always be a NYer - it never leaves you. I completely understand that now. There are things about being a NYer that nobody else will ever understand unless they are one too. I know that one day we may no longer be living here. Running around at lunch, dodging people and cabs just get to the hottest sample sale with a great friend will be a memory we laugh and talk about...good times, good times!

No comments: