Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Le Sigh...




Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes yesterday!! We had a great Anniversary! Jim found out that there was a Roy's here in NYC & surprised me with dinner there. We ate at Roy's on our honeymoon in Maui and loved it. It holds a special place in our hearts and really brought me back to when we were on our honeymoon! :) Dinner was pretty good and they even surprised us with a Happy Anniversary dessert - chocolate soufflee - YUM! Dinner was wonderful...it was very romantic. ;)

We also exchanged cards and presents at dinner. I got Hubby a trip to Pebble Beach to play golf (and his Dad is joining him too!) and he got me diamond earrings. He had already given me earrings for Christmas (two years ago) and one fell down the drain. :( So this time, the posts are screwbacks. Knock on wood! Needless to say, Hubby is SO. VERY. EXCITED. about his trip to Pebble. I also had been trying to find the Journey "Faithfully" 45LP single, with no such luck. Turns out, someone I work with has connections at Colubmia Records and was able to get me the record! It had been sitting in the Columbia Records warehouse! I gave this to Hubby as a surprise and he loved it...almost as much as his trip to Pebble ha ha. Were going to frame together the single record along with the full record one that people signed at our wedding.

After dinner, we went back to our apartment to set up our anniversary night dessert...aka, eat the top tier of our wedding cake. Now, let me tell you - this cake has been through a lot! It was originally stored in my Dad's freezer, then my Aunt's freezer - surviving Hurricane Ike might I add, then Vic's freezer and finally inside the cooler, hand carried on the plane from TX to NYC. There wasn't too much damage, which surprised us! We were both really weary of taking a bite of the cake. We thought it would taste absolutely horrible! Much to our surprise, it tasted pretty good! Not exactly the same as our wedding day, but not too bad either. We took out our [Tiffany ;-)]champagne flutes that my Mom gave at my bridal shower (which we last used on our wedding day - do you see a recurring theme here?) and filled them with water (for me) and Dr. Pepper (for Jim). We didn't have any champagne! LOL! We also had chocolate covered strawberries from Godiva, which are my favorite...and we also had these two little chocolates shaped like a cake. The best part about those little chocolates? They're designed by my girl, Sylvia Weinstock! haaaaa!!!! Remember how obsessed I was with her during wedding planning? Too funny!

Anyway, it was a great first anniversary. I can't believe a year has already gone by. Seems like I blinked and a year passed by. I thank God every day that Jim and I were able to share this year together. Le sigh...

Now that a year has gone by, does it mean we're not newlyweds anymore?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Absolutely not! I think it takes a few years to wear off unless you have children before that! ;)

Speaking of children...is that why you were having water in your champagne glass!?!

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon too! We were at the Big Island and also ate at Roy's! Isn't that the best restaurant! Jim scores big points for that!

You too are so darn cute I could just...I don't know...give you both big hugs. Major points for the creativity of your anniversary gifts. Our five year is coming up in a week and I have yet to plan anything. Sad but true. You have both inspired me!

Off to plan...

The de Leons said...

thanks so much, ashley!! every time i see pics of you and emma i want to hug yall both too! lol.

we just didn't have any champagne, so i opted for water...but when the time is right, i cannot wait! :)

as far as the planning...do a gift that keeps on giving! a trip for the both of you (and emma too)! OR relive your wedding day memories with cake, champagne and your song! :)
xoxo!