
One year ago, I saw you all the way at the end of what seemed like the longest aisle I had ever stepped foot on. I knew I had to walk slow, but all I wanted to do was run. Run so fast that by the next time I blinked, I was standing next to you. You were standing there, all dressed in your tux – Kenneth Cole nonetheless – looking all handsome…with a touch of irony – you had tears in your eyes, but you also had a huge smile on your face. We met face to face and all I kept thinking was wow this is really happening – I'm marrying the most amazing man I have ever met.
To rewind how we came to this day – the most amazing day I've had thus far - would be like replaying my favorite movie over and over…and over. I absolutely love reliving the day we met – me in the red hat and you offering to help me with the weights; what a classic pick up move by the way…the day fate brought us back together…our first kiss – thank goodness for that automatic pump at the shell station ha ha...the night we got engaged – you knelt down at Rockefeller Center!!! …and all the other moments in between. We made it through the long distance when I was still in Houston and you were already in New York. You made a pact with me that no matter what, we would not let more than 3 weeks go by without seeing each other. We spent more money on plane tickets than most people spend on in a lifetime…for one common goal – to be with each other. We've been on quite a few road trips – exploring the great cities of the East coast and also because we craved philly cheesesteaks. We've made it through you having hair and then not so much hair and me with blonde hair and then back to the basics as a brunette..and maybe now a little bit of both. We've made it through the countless trips to Ikea, Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel –even though I know you secretly love these places. We made it through the insanity otherwise known as re-doing the apartment – boxes everywhere, living out of the boxes, paint buckets, tarp, brushes and tape everywhere. We've made it through heat, rain and lots of snow. We've made it through a lot…all the while building up inside jokes that could be enough material for our own sitcom.
I love you not just for one reason – but for so many reasons…even reasons you may not even think would exist. Like how you use a flashlight to pick out what shirt you want to wear in the morning so the light doesn't wake me up because I'm still sleeping; when you walk around the store a million times making sure they really are out of Aquafina water because you know it's my favorite; when you check to see if my Ipod is fully charged…and then charge it without me knowing; how after such a long and difficult day you can call me and say hey let's go on a date tonight – instant happiness; how you and i will pass each other in the apartment and you stop to kiss my forehead just because; how when we go shopping you won't let me hold my own bags - i know how much you dislike shopping too; how you wash the 8 thousand dishes i use even if all i did was boil water; and all the million and one things you do on a daily basis that shows me...wow...he really loves me!
Thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for giving me unconditional love. Thank you for being here to laugh with, cry with and love with. You are my absolute love and I am a better person because of you.
I love you!
Love - your Wife,
Mrs. PJD
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary to you love birds! Hope ya'll have an amazing day and a wonderful trip!!! Love you!
Happy anniversary wishing you two all of the best, and many more anniversaries to come!
Post a Comment