Sunday, December 2, 2007

Let It Snow...

Brrrrr!!! We woke up this morning to find the streets...

in our neighborhood covered in snow! I must admit, I've been living in NYC now for almost two years and snow still makes me act like I'm 5 years old! I thought I heard shoveling going on outside, so I sat up and peeped out the window and yup - it snowed last night. I woke J up and he was not nearly as excited as I was, haaaaa. We braved the freezing cold and grabbed breakfast at one of our favorite restaurants in our neighborhood, Teddy's and then headed to the grocery store to stock up on some goodies since we will be trapped inside our cave - err - I mean apartment. The food at Teddy's is so good...and trust me, we've tried almost everything on the menu! The only downside is - the service isn't that great...very slow actually, but it's well worth it (or so we think). The other downside is this one hostess - she kinda irritates us...but then again, all she's doing is seating us, so whatever.

On the agenda for the rest of our snow day? Possibly watch a Reign Over Me on dvd, watch more football (good thing the season is ending because I really don't know how much more I can take), read a couple of magazines and make Frito Pie for dinner(YUM)! It is a perfect day for Frito Pie and this should definitely warm us up. Most of the snow has melted even though people are still shoveling the streets. The weather man said the worse is yet to come, which = more snow to come. It seems so early for snow, so that's a little scary...especially since Winter doesn't officially start until 12/21! I think it's safe to say that it's gonna be a looooong season.

One year ago today, J asked me to be his wife, kneeling down on one knee at Rockefeller Center!!! And a year later, we're married...lol. I remember this time last year saying to everyone - "Yeah we're just gonna take it easy, take our time, enoy our engagement, start the planning after the new year." The wedding website was up within a day and two days later, the Alden and the Church were booked. HAAAAAAAA...still makes me laugh! Speaking of the wedding website, it officially expires tomorrow, however I was able to purchase the cd of the website as a memento. :-) So yes, a year ago we had just gotten engaged and a year later, we are married. And yes, J remembered this and surprised me with a little something! - Awh, he is the best, LOVE him. Apparently while I was hanging out with my friend Jen T yesterday, Hubby had a few tricks up his sleeve. He left the apartment to go "work out"...which he did, but I guess he also managed to squeeze in a trip to that wonderful place on 5th Avenue and 57th Street. So what was the surprise? It was a Tiffany necklace bearing the letter "d" for my new last name! We finally got our marriage license in the mail last week and now with my new necklace - I think it's more than official...I am a deLeon! ;-)

That's about it for now folks. Have a great Sunday and stay warm if you're cold like us!

XOXO


One Year Ago!



A lot of the snow melted by the time I took this picture, but there's more to come!



A surprise? Wow!!! What is this about?!



It's the "d" necklace!!!


The "d" necklace to represent my new last name! I l-o-v-e it!

No comments: