Wednesday, December 16, 2009

La-la-la-la! La-la-la-la! Elmo's World!

I was digging through some old pics and came across this one:


+1 for braving the cold: because duh. Obviously it's cold. Since the only skin you can see is my face. If I stood in front of a black wall, it would look like my round mug was floating.

-3 for the horrendous snow cap situated on my noggin: I'm seriously asking myself how in the world I went out in public with this hat? I don't even remember owning this hat! Did I just get off the ski slopes? Or was I really just too lazy to make long, pigtail braids with my hair?

+2 for the cute bag I'm carrying: this pic was taken on a Monday night, after work. I had just gotten engaged two days before and Kristi brought me some goodies in that bag when I got to work on Monday. We were on our way to JCrew at Rockefeller Center to look at Bridesmaid's dresses!

+1 for the above comment: because I was overly prepared and after 2 days of being engaged, I was already dragging one of my bridesmaid's to look at dresses. That my folks, is how I roll.

+1 for posing with Elmo: because I mean, come on! It's Elmo! Who doesn't love a red version of Cookie Monster?!

-2 for Elmo's shoes: are those black penny loafers? Black dress shoes? Did Elmo ditch his briefcase and tie and forget to switch shoes? I can't tell. Regardless, someone tell Elmo he'd look cooler in a pair of red Converse. Just sayin.

-1 for the lack of color: I really could've mixed in a pink scarf or something less goth.

-1 for...hunger?: Umm, Elmo looks like he's about to eat my head. My super cute winter snow cap is already in his mouth.

+5 for Christmas-time in NYC: because there's just nothing like it!

Total = +3! Not such a bad picture after all....

No comments: