Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Mrs. D for Short


I passed my state teaching exam!!! Woo hoo!! I've been on pins and needles since last Tuesday and I finally got the email this morning. Some people asked what I thought of the test. I said that it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but that's because I studied a LOT because I really didn't know what it was going to be like. I ended up buying a book to help me study, but there wasn't a review class or anything of the sort like there is in real estate. I definitely think the big yellow book helped me...which is why I am bequeathing it to Courteney (lol). I am sooo very over state exams! I've taken two in the last six months - real estate and now teaching. PHEW!

Things are slowly, but surely coming together though and that's a great feeling to have. It's also a coincidence because I go to one of the school districts today to fill out some paperwork for substitute teaching too. Yippee! My substitute teaching will also cover my observation hours, so that's a good thing.

What's next?

Well, I start pedagogy training (face to face training) in a couple of weeks. These will be during the week and on certain Saturdays until mid December. It's long, but I think it will be a lot of fun and a lot to learn. Courteney and I are in the same class so it will be nice to have one of my besties there.

Now that I've passed my state exam, I can start interviewing for teaching jobs. I cannot step into a classroom though, until the pedagogy training is finished.

Depending on what happens when I start interviewing, I may go ahead and take the Bilingual supplemental test just so I can add that as a credential. This would be a great thing to have since I want to teach inner city kids. We shall see what happens in the next few weeks or so.

Thanks a million for all of your support! xo


1 comment:

The Miller Family said...

Love the new look and the new banner! Totally fits you! CONGRATULATIONS again on passing your exam and I hope to follow in your footsteps!!! LOL