Okay, so. Back to the blog. Here are things that I'm loving right now.
1. 

OPI Matte Collection: love love love this!! My favorite colors are now in a matte tone. Y'all know I have about five colors I rotate. Three of them are from OPI and the other two are from Essie. Well, the three that I love are now available in matte! They are: Lincoln Park After Dark, Russian Navy and Alpine White. LPAD is one of my absolute faves and I actually gave this color to a few members of my wedding party as one of their gifts in their pink suitcase. (The others got a pinkish that I also love). Russian Navy is cute and fun, but I only wear it on my toes. I love the Alpine White, but Jim thinks it looks like I have white out on my fingernails and toes...eh, what does he know?! lol. Anyway, for all you beauty junkies, go out and get these now...I guarantee they'll be flying off the shelves. ps - the other two colors from Essie that I love are Mademoiselle and Wicked.
2.
The Rachael Zoe Project: Oh. Emm. Gee.
My friend, Maggie, has been telling me to watch this and each time I've said, eh, okay, whatever. I finally caught an episode and now I am obsessed. This show is so awesome and it makes me laugh. I love the scene when Ms. Zoe was in Van Cleef & Arpels and she gasps and says: "I'm dyinnnngggg!!!" upon viewing some vintage diamond pieces. Hilarious! Looks like I have another show added to my tivo list.
3.

This picture from Glamour Magazine: I live for this woman's confidence. Her body is not perfect, but you wouldn't be able to tell by the all over glow she's exuding. What is confidence? This picture right here!
4. 

Ruggles GREEN: Wow! This restaurant is positively devine! Y'all know I love eating organic and eat organic as much as I can (even though my husband thinks 'organic' is a bunch of crock). Well, the joke's on him because what he doesn't know is that I sneak it into his foods. Ha!
Ruggles Green was recommended by my yoga teacher and I gave it a try. Talk about delicious! I've been back a handful of times already and I'm seriously addicted. My favorite is the hydroponic butter lettuce wedge salad. The lettuce is so fresh and crisp that it practically melts in your mouth. They have amazing pizza too...even my picky eater husband was chowing down on it! My favorite drink is the organic melon green tea over ice. So freaking good! Give them a try...I promise you'll love it!
5.

Tiffany Key Collection: Back in March, Hubby and I were in the midst of going through sadness and also dealing with the craziness of moving back to Houston. We were at home one day and he told me to go get dressed so we could grab lunch. We didn't have many days left in NYC and I knew that. We were walking around and Jim said he wanted to make a quick stop somewhere before we ate. Much to my surprise, we ended up at 5th Avenue and 57th Street...Tiffany! He gave me a really long hug and said that he'd like me to pick something out to have in our hearts for this journey we've been on and continue to live out. It's times like these that confirm that he truly makes me a better person. I can only hope to make him feel this way at times when he needs it too. We walked in and as I was looking around and he called me over to a case. The salesperson said that the collection was a few days new and hadn't even been featured in the catalog yet. Jim looked to me and said, I think this is it. I looked down and saw two keys. I teared up as I tried it on. I knew exactly what he was thinking the moment he picked it out. I got the two keys on a long chain and I wear it often...keeping the journey close to my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment