Thursday, March 26, 2009

Southern Hospitality


Don't let the title of this blog entry fool you. This post is about real southern hospitality, not about the restaurant with the same name in NYC. I went to HEB with Caleb yesterday and of course, while we were there, he bribed me into getting him some candy. What can I say? I'll trade candy for his hugs and kisses any day of the week! I haven't been to a normal grocery store in so long and I actually felt like I didn't know where anything was. So, to cure this, I stopped and asked 'for directions.' Here is how it went:

Me: Excuse me, is there a candy aisle?
HEB Lady: Why yes, it's on aisle two, darlin.
Me: Thank you so much!
Me inside my mind: Did she just call me darlin? And she doesn't even know me? Wow!

(insert warm heart and huge grin here)

TEXAS IS AWESOME!! I never want to leave again!...well, except for vacations and maybe an occasional shopping trip to NYC. :)

2 comments:

The Miller Family said...

LOL...welcome back sister!

Kari Jenkins said...

I am so glad you are happy there! I miss it too. My parents are leaving Dallas and moving here this summer. I am happy that they are moving near me but it means I will hardly ever get out there anymore :(