Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

We'll start off with the good...

The Good: That extra 5-10 pounds I was carrying around post holiday and post wedding is now gone.

The Bad: I don't know what did it, but something...gave me gastroentenitis - aka the Stomach Flu. I woke up on Saturday at 6am from a deep sleep with huge stabbing pains in my abdomen. An hour later, the same thing. A few trips to the bathroom later - don't worry I'll spare you the details - I was hysterically crying and asking Jim what apendicitis feels like. That is how bad the pain was!

The Ugly: This couldn't have come at a worse time because Saturday was Kristi's bridal shower. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go - which made me so upset. I didn't know what was worse...being sick or missing her shower. She did a lot for me when I was a bride and not only did I want to return the favor, I was excited to just see her in all her glory. Luckily, my Mother In Law is a RN so Jim and I were able to talk to her periodically all day for comfort.

I'm still not able to eat anything and I've been drinking pedialyte non-stop. I really hope to feel better in the next couple of days.

The next few weeks are going to be extremely busy for us, but I will try to post as much as possible. Here's what we're up to for the next few weekends:

01/19-01/20: Delaware to visit Aunt C
01/24-01/27: Extended mini honeymoon to Puerto Rico!
02/01-02/03: Florida for Mom's Birthday and 1 year celebration of my Sister's life

Hope everyone is having a great new year!

No comments: